Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
To limit the spread of COVID-19, City of Douglas facilities will be operating under new restrictions. The City will continue to conduct business, but facilities will be CLOSED to the public starting Friday, March 20, 2020. Please call the main City line at (307) 358-3462 for general questions, or, if you know what department you would like to speak to, call direct.
Administration: (307) 358-3462
Community Development Department: (307) 358-2132
Landfill: (307) 351-2186
Police Department: (307) 358-3311
Public Works: (307) 358-9750
The Converse County Website will be a landing place for alerts across the County. Please check frequently and sign up for alerts.
The County has released an Exemption Application for those businesses that want to apply for an exemption to the public closure order.
The form is available from the link above or can be picked up at the Public Health office between 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Public Health Office, faxed to the Public Heath office at 307-358-3941, or emailed to Johnna.email@example.com. If you are having trouble submitting the form from a PC try installing Adobe Read or Foxit Reader.
- Signed Order (March 19, 2020)
- Supplement to the Order (March 20, 2020)
- Link to the Governors’ Fireside Chat
- Statewide Public Health Order No. 3 (March 24, 2020)
- Public Health Orders Extended through April 17 (March 27, 2020)
- Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (March 27, 2020)
- Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (March 27, 2020)
- Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (March 27, 2020)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (April 3, 2020)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (April 3, 2020)
- Second Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (April 3, 2020)
- 14 Day Quarantine (April 3, 2020)
- Third Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (April 28, 2020)
- Third Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (April 28, 2020)
- Third Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (April 28, 2020)
- Fourth Continuation of Statewide Order #1 (May 13, 2020)
- Fourth Continuation of Statewide Order #2 (May 13, 2020)
- Fourth Continuation of Statewide Order #3 (May 13, 2020)
- Special Session Proclamation (May 6, 2020)
Converse County Variances to State Health Orders
- Variance to Order #1 - Outdoor Dining (May 6, 2020)
- Variance to Order #2 - Indoor and Outdoor Dining (May 9, 2020)
Executive Order: Beer & Wine To Go (March 30, 2020)
Basics to Staying Healthy
- Wash your hands often.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, keep your distance from other people.
- Practice good health habits (e.g. get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of water, eat nutritious food).
COVID-19 Shop Local Directory
In times like this, supporting each other is the best thing we can do. The City encourages you to support your local businesses.
If you have a business and would like to be listed here, please email Clara or call (307) 358-2132 with your business name, hours of operation, how people can receive goods and services from you, along with contact information and any other message you would like to get to your customers.
The Small Business Administration has released low-interest disaster loans to help business and homeowners recover from declared disasters. Additional information and applications can be found on the SBA website.
King’s Portion Community Food Pantry
Phone: (307) 359-9158
Hours: 4:30PM - 6:30PM, Thursday
Message from Business: King’s Portion offers a variety of food including meat and fresh produce. Follow the King’s Portion facebook page for up to date information on what is currently available.
Kodi Rae’s Coffee & Bakery
Phone: (307) 358-8335
Hours: 6AM - 7PM, Wednesday thru Sunday
Message from Business: Our great state of Wyoming and awesome community of Douglas has done such an amazing job that our governor has started to give guidance to businesses to start operating and reopening. We have taken this very seriously and, after a call with the health inspector to make sure we were doing everything correctly to protect our customers and ourselves, we have new ways we will be operating starting Friday May 8th! Our new hours of operation will be 6AM-7PM Wednesday-Sunday. We will be allowing up to 5 customers at a time for takeout, Max (No Dining Allowed). Please use our social distancing arrows and markers on the floor. We are taking extra precautions in cleaning and added a cleaning shift for everyone’s safety. Our bathroom for the time being will be closed to customers (please understand). For our safety and yours, all our employees will be required to wear a mask and gloves while helping customers. Through these times we ask that you please be patient as we navigate through the guidelines. Please share this post to help spread the word!! Follow Kodi Rae’s facebook page for up to date information.
Phone: (307) 358-1934
Posted April 3, 2020
Message from Business: Friendz Pizza will temporarily be closing. It is hard for us to keep up with fresh ingredients and portion properly so it won’t go bad. Friendz will be closed until further notice. We look forward to returning. Stay safe and healthy during this difficult time. (facebook page)
Phone: (307) 358-4343
Message from Business: The Hotel LaBonte is still open for business.
Phone: (307) 358-4343
Hours: 11AM - 8PM
Message from Business: We offer curbside service. You can call ahead and pay over the phone. Please come to our side door (East side of the building) for pick-up.
Phone: (307) 358-3446
Hours: 6AM - 10PM
Special Services: at-risk hours (see below)
Message from Business: Safeway will be open to at-risk members of our community between 7AM and 9AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During those times, we ask that you avoid shopping so that the stores can be available for senior citizens, and other at-risk members of our community such as pregnant women or those with compromised immune systems. We appreciate your patience and support as you help us with this temporary request to ensure our neighbors’ needs are met. Follow Safeway’s facebook page for up to date information.
Phone: (307) 358-4348 (Douglas), (307) 436-9442 (Glenrock)
Message from Business: As much as this pains us to do, BOTH Converse County senior centers: Douglas & Glenrock will be CLOSED for in-house dining, effective today (March 17). Please, Please call the centers by 10:30am to order a lunch for pick up at the door. We are following protocol set forth by our president, and public health to eliminate gatherings of 10 or more. Small group activities will still be available: cards, puzzles, coloring, etc. as well as home delivered meals, in-homes services, and transportation. Please pass this on to those who may not have social media, or radio. Thank you for you understanding at this crazy time. We will update you as the information becomes available to us.
Shatto’s Frontier Drug
Phone: (307) 358-5077
Hours: 8:30AM - 6PM, Monday thru Friday, 9AM - 5PM, Saturday
Message from Business: Our doors may be closed, but we’re still OPEN. We are minimizing exposure so that we can serve our community. Everything we sell including prescriptions, gifts, jelly-belly, russell stover’s, candles, jewelry, gifts, etc. can be ordered over the phone. We will take payment over the phone, and all you have to do is meet us at our drive-up window. Don’t worry about the line, it moves quickly. At 2PM every weekday, we still make prescription deliveries within the City limits. Keep an eye on our website and facebook page for updated information and to find out what we offer.
Solutions for Life
Phone: (307) 358-2846
Message from Business: Effective May 11, 2020. In light of recent announcements, we are preparing to reopen our doors. The health and well-being of our client’s and our employees continues to be our top priority. We will continue to follow guidelines issued by Converse and Niobrara County Public Health Departments, along with those of the CDC, state, and local officials. To safely welcome you back we are making temporary changes to help observe social distancing and to promote a healthy environment. We will be limiting the number of clients into the building. We are recommending that if Zoom is working for you, please continue to use those services. Clients must wait in their car outside and be escorted in the building. Clients will be screened when brought into the building and consist of temperature and health questions. Clients will be required to provide and wear masks for their protection. All clients will wash hands upon arrival, after sneezing or coughing, blowing nose, or after smoke breaks. As always, we will continue to clean and sanitize regularly. Each office will be cleaned and sanitized after every use. If you have had a fever in the last 72 hours or have any-other symptoms, please call the office to reschedule or change to a Zoom meeting.
Phone: (307) 358-9228
Hours: 10AM - 9PM, Monday thru Friday, 9AM - 9PM Saturday, Noon - 9PM Sunday
Message from Business: Customers can call in orders and we’ll do curbside pick-up. We are limiting to five customers at a time in the store and encouraging the minimum 6 foot recommended distancing. We are also constantly cleaning and wiping down surfaces. Facebook page.
The Depot Restaurant
Phone: (307) 358-9999
Hours: 11AM - 9PM
Special Services: curbside pickup
Message from Business: To our wonderful customers: We are adding curbside pick-up. If you choose to eat at home, please know you can phone in an order and pay over the phone. Give us a call when you arrive and we will run the order to your car. Ten years in to this journey, we are still here working to provide the best experience for you all. We are always concerned about the safety of our customers and staff. We are adding additional safety precautions and will continue to remain open as long as it is safe to do so. Check out our facebook page for more information.
Whistle Stop Mercantile
Phone: (307) 358-3663
Hours: 9AM - 3PM, Monday thru Saturday
Special Services: curbside pickup, purchase online or via phone
Message from Business: THE WHISTLE-STOP IS OPEN. Governor Mark Gordon ordered places of public accommodation to modify their methods of providing services. The Governor’s order is in effect until April 3, 2020 (or until a new order is issued). To that effect, and at this time, THE WHISTLE-STOP HAS INSTITUTED: PHASE III LEVEL: FOOD & BEVERAGES: Take-out only; We will provide curb service and encourage customers to use that option; Call us and we will have your order ready when you arrive or call from your car (358-3663); We strongly encourage you to use your debit/credit card for payment. BOOK SALES OR PICKING UP FOOD INSIDE: Until further notice, we are no longer allowing in-store shopping. This is for the safety of our customers and staff. Book purchases may be made via phone to the store or online at our website (whistlestopbooks.com). An easy way to shop for books online is to look at them on our website then call us. We’ll order for you. Delivery will be faster and cheaper that way. Customers will be called when their special-order books have arrived. You may pick them up at the store or we’ll deliver them free to your home. Required and responsible responses to the Coronavirus outbreak can change rapidly. We will continue to update our information whenever necessary. Our facebook page is updated daily.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Cases in the U.S.
- Travelers’ Health
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- CODIV-19 Symptoms
- 10 Ways to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home
- CDC in Action: Preparing Communities for Potential Spread of COVID-19D
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Wyoming 211 - for citizens in need of social service referral help dial 211
- Wyoming Department of Health - official COVID-19 response page
- COVID-19 Wyoming Task Forces
- USDA Rural Development
- USDA Federal Rural Resource Guide
- SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to COVID-19
- SBA EIDL Loans
- SBA Three Step Process for Disaster Loans
Dispelling Rumors & Misinformation
- COVID-19 advice for the public: Myth busters
- World Health Organization (WHO) Q&A
- Why Outbreaks Like Coronavirus Spread Exponentially, and How to "Flatten the Curve"
Preparing for a Pandemic / Business Continuity
- The Safety Professional’s Role in Planning for a Pandemic
- Ready.gov – Preparing for a Pandemic
- Webinar: Pandemic & Infectious Disease Pandemic Planning
- OSHA Recommendations
Local Government Emergency Management
- Coronavirus: How Local Officials and Emergency Managers Respond
- Wyoming Department of Health update
- Let’s Play Defense Against COVID-19!
- Wyoming Association of Municipalities
- Guidance to Help Calm Your Workforce
- What’s Your Company’s Emergency Remote-Work Plan?
- What’s an Employer to Do? - HR advice during the COVID-19 response
- 7 Ways to Make Working from Home Easier