General Public Records Request
TYPE OF RECORD AND FEE
- Fax and Copies, Black & White - $1.00 per page
- Fax and Copies, Color - $1.25 per page
- Maps, Color, Small - $10.00 each
- Maps, Color, Large - $25.00 each
- Copy Media, CD or DVD - $5.00 per disc
- Research Fees - in addition to any of the fees above $25.00 per hour with a one hour minimum
- Emailed documents - $1.00 per page; Research Fee shall apply
- Large Requests - Fully executed agreement to pay for all associated costs: the determination of whether a request qualifies as a "large request" will be made once the request is received. The City will prepare the agreement.
- Police Reports - $5.00 for reports up to ten (10) pages; $1.00 for each additional page
The following shall be the procedure for requesting any allowed public records from the City of Douglas.
- A written request must be made to the custodian of record. The City Clerk is the custodian of records for the City of Douglas with the exception of Police Department and Douglas Municipal Court records. Click here for the online public requests form, or make a request by emailing the City Clerk or sending the written request to: City of Douglas, Public Records Request, Attn: City Clerk, PO Box 1030, Douglas, WY 82633.
- The custodian of records for the Police Department and Douglas Municipal Court is the Municipal Court Clerk.
- The written request shall provide the name, signature, address, and telephone number of the person requesting review of public records. Records shall be identified as accurately as possible.
- Payment of all associated fees of a public records request shall be paid in advance of preparation and delivery of the public records. The custodian of records shall provide the requesting party with an estimate of all costs prior to any research, assembly, or delivery of requested records.
- Determinations whether a document constitutes a “public record” and may be released for inspection shall be made pursuant to the provisions of the Wyoming Public Records Act, W.S. 16-4-201 et seq.
- If the request to inspect is denied, the custodian of records shall provide a written explanation of the denial pursuant to W.S. 16-4-203(e).